The Bentley Federation has one strategic governing body. They meet at least once a term to make decisions on how the Federation is run. This involves:
- Deciding what is taught
- Setting standards of conduct
- Interviewing and selecting staff
- Deciding how the Federation budget is spent
- Ensuring the Federation complies with all its legal obligations
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the schools
The Governing body also has committees which consider specific areas, for instance Health and Safety, finance and personnel. The governing body then makes its decisions based on the advice of these committees.
The Governing Body consist of:
- Parents of children attending the schools
- Governors appointed by the Local Authority
- Governors from the community
Governors are elected every four years.
If you are interested in becoming a governor please ask at the either of the school offices or at the Children’s Centre for further details.
The Chair of Governors is Mr M Lee.